School for the Blind Overview
St. Joseph's School for the Blind is a New Jersey Department of Education approved private school serving students with visual impairments and multiple disabilities (developmental, physical, medical), ages 3-21.
St. Joseph's goal is to promote each student’s ability to learn, work and live in as least restrictive an environment as possible.
- St. Joseph's provides comprehensive academic and life skills training
- St. Joseph's provides Physical, Occupational, Speech Therapies as well as Orientation and Mobility training
- St. Joseph's is located on a 3 acre campus in an ADA compliant, Leeds Certified facility built in 2007
- St. Joseph's offers a residential option to provide enhanced life skills training
- St. Joseph's collaborates with the student’s parents and local school district to determine a student’s Individualized Educational Plan (IEP)
- St. Joseph's school programs are funded by sending local school district and fundraising, there is no cost to families